Our equality statement demonstrates how we work to ensure people are treated with dignity and respect, aiming to create equality of opportunity and eliminating discrimination across our provision.
At Ormiston Park Academy we are committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity.
- Eliminating discrimination and harassment.
- Valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships.
- Providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential.
- Meeting the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
- The Equality Act 2010.
The Equality Act 2010 replaces previous anti-discrimination legislation with a single Act. The Equality Duty is set out in section 149 of the Act. It replaces the three previous public sector equality duties – for race, disability and gender – and covers the following protected characteristics:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (but only in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We ensure that we have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t foster good relations between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t.
You can read our Equality Policy in full on the Policies page of this website.