Studying Child Development and Care will provide students with a fantastic understanding of childcare and development in the early years’ sector for Children 0-5 years old. This will be beneficial to anyone considering a career in Early Years of Primary teaching and supports progression to a Level 3 vocational or Academic Childcare, Psychology, Health and Social Care subjects.
Students will expect to develop a range of skills by studying Child
Development such as:
- An awareness of learning styles
- An introduction to working with children in a variety of settings
- An understanding of roles and responsibilities when working in a setting.
- An understanding of equality and diversity within a childcare setting
- An understanding of the stages and sequences of child development
- An introduction to the influences that affect holistic development
- An introduction to everyday care routines and the types of activities that can support the development of independence.
- An understanding of how to support children through transitions in their lives.
- The skills needed to pursue a career in: nursery nursing, midwifery, child psychology, paediatrics, teaching, family support, teaching assistant, social work, youth work or counselling.