Ormiston Park Academy celebrates student GCSE achievements
Students at Ormiston Park Academy, which is in Aveley, Thurrock are celebrating today after receiving their GCSE results, as they get ready to take their next steps in their education journey.
Staff and students have come together to mark the achievements of all the students, who have worked exceptionally hard over the past couple of years to secure these grades.
Alongside the continued success of the academy, which is sponsored by Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT), some particular individual highlights include:
- Elena Dimoska successfully achieved Grade 9 or equivalent in eight subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Geography, Additional Mathematics, Mathematics and Physics, Art + Design (L2D*); Grade 8 English Language, Grade Level 2 Distinction Imedia.
- Awuraba Brion achieved Grade 9 in seven subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Geography, History, Mathematics and Grade 8 Additional Mathematics, Physics and French.
- Sylvia Stavreva achieved Grade 9 in five subjects: English Language, English Literature, Geography, History, Mathematics and Grade 8 Additional Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Gavrila Dosu achieved Grade 9 or equivalent in two subjects: Catering Studies, Business Studies; Grade 8 Biology, Chemistry, English Language and Geography; Grade 7 English Literature and Mathematics; Grade 6 Additional Mathematics and Physics
- Yana Kalinovska who only arrived to the UK from Ukraine in mid-January 2022, and speaking very little English achieved Grade 9 Additional Mathematics; Grade 8 Mathematics, Grade 7 Photography; Grade 5 Biology, Chemistry and Physics; Grade 3 English Language, English Literature and Geography.
- All our Year 11 students have sixth form or college places and attend a variety of strong educational establishments including; The Coopers’ Company and Coburn School, Brompton Manor Academy, Havering Sixth Form, Valentines High School and Seven Kings School.
Mark Roessler, Principal at Ormiston Park Academy, said: “We are very proud of all our students and the results they have achieved today, which are hugely deserved. They have all worked extremely hard over the last two years and throughout their time with us, and it’s brilliant to be celebrating their achievements today, especially considering the disruption and challenges they have had to face to their education.
“I would like to thank all our students, their families, our staff and the wider Ormiston Park Academy community for their ongoing support and we look forward to seeing our students progress on to the next stage of their education and fulfil their goals.”
For information on this year’s grading process click here.
Year 11 Prom